Saturday, November 19, 2005

Sat. Nov. 19

Questions:
  1. Do you feel a draft in here? (No, but give me time. Hey, wait a minute our windows don't open. What draft?)
  2. Where is the comic book section? (ALA prefers the term "graphic novel", but let's call them what they really are, the part of the collection that does not circulate)
  3. Scotch Tape? (Hey, I didn't ask the tape where it was from)
  4. I returned this book, where is 932? Egyptian mummies : unraveling the secrets of an ancient art / Bob Brier. (Looked to no avail. Handed off to B the amazing finder of lost books)
  5. Children's room?
  6. Do I check out the books here?
  7. Restroom?
  8. Do you work here? (I'm not a Librarian, but I play one on TV!)
  9. Do you know where the Black magic section is? (Hmm, let me conjure up the answer to that, or No, but if you hum a few bars I'll fake it [insert rim shot here])
  10. Judaism in the first century AD? (No, no smart answer here. Not everything is a joke)
  11. 364 section?
  12. Washington DC History?
  13. Arguments about Hiroshima and Nagasaki
  14. Valkyrie Project? (Hitler, Adolf, 1889-1945--Assassination attempt, 1944 (July 20) Schenk von Stauffenberg, Klaus Philipp, Graf, 1907-1944.)
  15. Effects of nuclear radiation
  16. Why is the Library moving?
  17. History of Haiti?
  18. Journal articles on Haiti?
  19. Can you help me find this call number?
  20. What is a Citation?
  21. Where do I check these out?
  22. Pencil?
  23. Audrey Hepburn?

Actions:

  • Re-hung pillar signs